Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy Wenta Day!


Hail ole Alewife

While celebrating St. Patrick's Day. I think to myself what would the average mortal of Oerth be doing today... Than I am reminded of Wenta the Alewife. An Oeridian agricultural god that is a free spirit. While she does not capture the feel of ST. Patrick's Day herself. I am reminded of how much alcohol is consumed on this day. Brewfeast does not occur for a few months. Though I wonder if there is a day on Oerth when we celebrate something akin to St Patrick's Day. Erin Go Bragh! I can think of places like Bissel, Sterich, and Geoff which could appreciate some form of liberation. So what ideas do you have for the Oerth version of St. Patrick's Day?

Later
Argon

4 comments:

  1. Patrick is merely a "saint," Wenta is a GODDESS!

    Why wouldn't she have her own special day for revelry?

    Ale for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mystic,

    Who said the day was for her. Most mortals look for a reason to drink often. Why not devote a day to Wenta? Just another reason for scantly clad women and ale.

    Later

    Argon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we should use your picture of Wenta in the Greyhawk Wiki. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has already doubled the number of her worshippers.

    Later

    Argon

    ReplyDelete