Sunday, October 13, 2013

Warhorn



A few months ago, I mentioned a Greyhawk group that was fighting the good fight to keep Living Greyhawk available to the community. Well I was perusing the internet and came by this little treasure ... Warhorn a website devoted to gaming events they have a few events listed here https://www.warhorn.net/. With a Greyhawk Reborn event that can be seen here   https://www.warhorn.net/events/greyhawk-reborn-game-day.
Warhorn can be used to organize gaming events from the small game group level, to the national level. This could be an avenue for potential groups to explore. Perhaps we can use them for a Canonfire Con. If anyone has used them before? Feel free to share your experience with us here. All constructive feedback is welcome. Until then continue your efforts in supporting the Greyhawk and gaming community.
Later

Argon

6 comments:

  1. I'd like to thank Argon for shining a little more light on us. We are having a blast working on Greyhawk Reborn!! We have a yahoo group with over 160 members, and have now run somewhere in the vicinity of 70 tables or so. We will be running Greyhawk Reborn at MepaCon in northeastern Pennsylvania on November 8-10, including our first interactive event. We are very, very pleased with how far we have come since a late April official premiere.

    We are always on the lookout to expand Greyhawk Reborn (GHR) into other player bases, and to other regions. We are currently using the D&D Next playtest rules, and have adventures in the following regions: Geoff, Gran March, Keoland, the Sea Princes and the Yeomanry. Due to the nature of the D&D Next playtest rules, you must have signed up for the playtest with Wizards of the Coast to be able to play GHR.

    To avoid issues with intellectual property, DMs may only run adventures they create, thereby avoiding any issues with distribution. In the future, if anything allows us to legally distribute adventures for others to run, we will do so.

    I'll try to find some time this weekend to give a more detail post of what we are doing, and how you can become involved.

    In the meantime, if anyone is interested in what is going on, you may find out more at our GHR facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Greyhawk-Reborn/508697515838073?ref=hl

    You may also find our GHR Yahoo Group at http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/ghr/info

    As always, we will be happy to answer any questions you may have, just post them as a comment, or contact me directly at d-guerrieri@comcast.net

    Thanks again,
    Dave Guerrieri,
    Gryehawk Reborn Lead

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm not far from Mepacon, but I'm not interested in D&D Next.

    I wish you the best of luck, however.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm for Greyhawk no matter the edition. Hope you guys have fun.

    Later

    Argon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dave.

    If you have any pictures from Mepa con that you would like to share with us let me know. I will be more than happy to post it on the blog for all to enjoy.

    Later

    Argon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Argon and others,

    The Greyhawk Reborn events at Mepacon went fantastically well. We ran a total of 21 tables over the 7 convention slots, including 4 tables for the Saltmarsh interactive. Players seems quite pleased with their play experiences. I have some photos if you'd like to post them, how can I go about getting them into your hands to post?

    Thanks,
    Dave Guerrieri,
    GHR Lead

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dave,

    Send them to Oerthjournal at gmail dot com. I'd be happy to post the pics here and if you have any links to Greyhawk reborn or posts regarding Mepacon? I'd be happy to post the links here as well.

    Later

    Argon

    ReplyDelete