With the recent passing of David Trampier on March 24th, 2014. I started thinking about old school artists from Dungeons & Dragons past. I also started looking at some recent artists as well... Though to honor the memory of David Trampier and all old school artists who created the imagery for the D&D game. I wanted to keep it old school. So, who is your favorite old school D&D artist, and/or favorite piece of art that inspires you and your D&D game?
Later
Argon
Besides Trampier, my favorite is Erol Otus. The Basic Set Box cover art is what hooked me on D&D.
ReplyDeleteThere are so many excellent artists that have graced the pages of D&D over the years, but the one that most inspired me when I first began playing was Willingham. My favorite new artist is Tyler Walpole.
ReplyDeleteSirXaris
Barry Smith and Ernie Chan inspired a lot of my games with their art work. Though Erol Otus, David Trampier, Clyde Caldwell, the Hildebrandt brothers, Jan Duursema and many other artist's inspired my games as well. I can go on and on Elmore, Lockwood, Easley, too many to name here. The list goes on and on. Anyone else want to join the conversation?
ReplyDeleteLater
Argon
Clyde Caldwell and Larry Elmore for me .Most of my tattoo's are from these great artists.
ReplyDeleteDan