Friday, November 3, 2017

The Greyhawk Wiki has been up at its new home, http://wiki.greyparticle.com

Sorry for scare and the delay in making that clear.  None of the content has been lost.

In the weeks to come, I'd like to open a dialogue about the future of the site and where Greyhawk fandom goes from here.  Drop me a line if you need something specific from me, psmedger@canonfire.com

14 comments:

  1. "This Domain Name Has Expired"

    I hope this gets sorted out... It's a damn good wiki.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I concur, with the above post. Seems like the wiki has been down for about month. It was a real good resource, let us know if there is something we can do to help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been down just under a month as far as I can tell... Do we need a place to host? Someone to cover the expense of the domain/hosting?

    ReplyDelete
  4. There was just a chat about some of this yesterday and last night in the weekly "GreyTalk" session.
    We're hoping to get this all straightened out very shortly, and Pluffet Smedger will hopefully be giving us an update about setting down an action plan for a new Renaissance for the site, forums, and chat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is great to hear. Thanks for the update

    ReplyDelete
  6. My computer will not connect unless I take down my security. I'm informed by my security that the site is not secure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're just about to a year later, now.
    There's a new movement in conjunction with the Canonfire! Facebook Group and the associated Discord chat server for the wiki to be begun anew at GreyhawkOnline.com …
    As an administrator, we're making plans on getting things updated, with new software, new User Interface and overall look, and a permanent home.
    Hopefully we'll be able to bring GH into a new era for all of the burgeoning GH audience and wave of GH awareness in the DnD5e community, as well as all the fans of GH from the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Edition days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The link originally presented still gives me a "Site can't be reached" message. So you guys are still in the process of getting the site up? Moving it?

      Delete
    2. As I said, we're in the planning stages. Nothing's been done, except to start things in motion.
      The link can't have anything done to it, though. That's not what's being updated. We can't control that post, or link.
      When things *eventually* begin migrating, it won't be to that domain, as it's not registered to Greyhawkonline.com.

      Delete