I received an email on April 14th and wanted to share it with the community. The fact that all settings will be supported was reassuring. Though like most Greyhawk fans I'm skeptical. However, I'm also an optimist and look forward to seeing what D&D Next has to offer...
On April 12th , the Tyranny of Dragons panel took place at PAX East. The panel displayed a whole load of artwork from D&D Next and the Tyranny of Dragons storyline which will launch it. Some interesting facts emerged:
- Tyranny of Dragons is a STANDALONE product; no Player's Handbook or Dungeon Master's Guide is needed.
- · All "key" settings will be supported; this apparently includes Eberron wilth Keith Baker.
- · Forgotten Realms is the 5E flagship setting (no surprise there).
- · Chris Perkins is single. Yup, seriously, someone asked that.
- · Dragonlance lives! But they'd "need a specialist" to revive it.
- · D&D Next is "97% done"
- · No prices, dates, or product covers; sorry!
- · Forbes has some stuff here.
Later
Argon

Good report Argon! I'm sure someone will step up to do Dragonlance it offered. However, does DL being revived help or hinder Greyhawk's chances?
ReplyDeleteThanks Mort. I'd say Greyhawk is more likely than Dragonlance to see print again. Say what they will about 4E. Many of the articles were laced with Greyhawk material. Might as well fess up and just print it as Greyhawk. Which it seems Hasbro did as well in some Dragon articles. Besides the fact it was revealed that all "key" settings will be supported. If anything Birthright and Mystara would be the odd settings out. While planescape kind of acts like a crossroads between all the settings. Its all just speculation at this time.
ReplyDeleteWe'll see what happens when all things are done.
Later
Argon